Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day in the Honolulu Hawaii Mission 2018

Merry Christmas this day.  What a wonderful day, and to enjoy the beauty of the island over here on Christmas is so special.  Yesterday we took a walk on the beach and enjoyed the warmth.

Then we came home and finished reading the Book of Mormon.

I'm thinking of the Savior today and the tremendous price he paid for us.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon so I can understand a little bit more about my role here on earth.  I know we are here in Hawaii for a reason and it may be to help people remember why they came to earth and their responsibility to Jesus.  I love the Book of Mormon, every time I read it I wonder how people can doubt the truth in it.  Joseph Smith could never even have come up with so many weird names if he wrote it himself, let alone the stories.  I hope I have learned and can retain what I have learned by reading this book.  It humbles me to think of the magnitude of our lives and how important we are to those who might be watching our example.  I'm grateful this day for my faith and the faith of my dear sweet Husband.

Here is a picture of the present we gave each other:
We have a District Meeting today so I am baking treats for our sweet Elders again...
Hope everyone reading this had a great Christmas and remembered the true reason we celebrate this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment