Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday August 4, 2019

Well, we have been busy doing missionary work and somewhere along the way I forgot to post to this blog.  Admittedly, I was really homesick for my family after Sam and Isaac left.  I got busy and now I'm back to happily doing my missionary work.  Mangos are in season now and I wanted to make some mango butter.  Well, I was given these huge mangos by my friend Louis in the YSA Branch and decided to try and make mango jam, with no canner.  I improvised a "makeshift" one and it seems to have done the job.  I just got my large soup kettle out and took a tin pie sheet and punched some holes in it, put it upside down in the bottom of the kettle and set the jars atop it.  They all "popped" a sign of sealing so I guess it they don't spoil in the next month all is well.  Here is a picture of those gigantic mangoes, they were the size of cantaloups!

Lots of mango jam
 We had a baptism on Saturday morning (yesterday).  Our new YSA President Lee's daughter was baptized.  She is such a sweet girl and the whole family is a great blessing to this Branch.  She sang a little song while her mother accompanied her on the ukulele.
Chloe
After the baptism, we ran back home, I made a huge lettuce salad, (I had already made a big potato salad) and changed our clothes and headed to the beach party.  It was really well organized and I even got in this rough ocean at this park and made it back out safely.  They had canoes and paddle boards, and volleyball set up.  We had a good turnout and left over food will be used for the "break the fast" today.  I got a wonderful surprise when someone tapped me on the shoulder and who should it be but Sister Cardenas from Utah.  She was one of our first Sisters we met in our Branch and I just love her to pieces.  She is so cute and smart and good.  She had come over from Provo with two other friends to visit but kept it a secret from everyone.  Here is a picture of us together.  Not my best picture but who cares!
Me and Angelie Cardenas

Here are some pictures of the Beach Party...


Marisa,   ..., Shy Fulmer, Olivia, Mariah, ..?..?

Cooks....Louis on right



No comments:

Post a Comment