Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday September 14

Super busy week, just the way we like it!  Monday was VC meeting, then we took tickets at PCC and then ran over to our Senior FHE, to hear some Senior Missionary Couples talk about their missions, as they were giving their Aloha Oe, to us all.  Bitter sweet to say goodby to great people.

Then we ran to our favorite FHE with our YSA Branch.  We get more and more people each week.
I took a few pictures of this night which they played "adverb Action".
Alora, Jordan, Jared, Chloe, Jordan, Elder Potter
and Louie

Jordan, Louie, Jordan, Elder Potter

Elder Sanft





Telling how we can relate the game to the gospel or sharing our love of Jesus








Tuesday we had a district meeting in the morning, I made pineapple hand pies for the Elders (with milk) and then we ran into the eye doctor
for Ramon.  She said this was the worse he's had in years, so now the shot are monthly and he has to see an Optomologist to see if it just bad eye sight that can be corrected with glasses or if it is a result of the macular degeneration.  That appointment is next week.

We stopped at Sams on the way home and bought enough salad for 200 plus people for the Mission Tour on Wednesday.

Wednesday  we headed to the church early to set tables and get the water ready and salad in the fridge.  Then we headed over to the Visitor's Center to get a group picture with the Mission President and his wife and Elder and Sister Whiting from the Seventy.  We all met and got set up in the hot sun, we waited from 8 am on, all of us melting.  Finally there was a text saying they were delayed, finally got the picture taken at about 8:45.  We had a great meeting as meetings go, and I ducked out about half an hour early to set up food we had catered from BYU.  All went well.  Perfect amount of salad.

Waiting in hot sum

Luncheon

Came home and made an avocado salad to take to Geronio's that night, then after dinner at their place we had a missionary meeting at our place.
Thursday, we caught up on laundry and ironing and at 2:00 went into do a 5 hour shift at the Visitor's Center.  It wasn't that long as the Luker's came over at 7:00 to replace us.  We stopped at 7 Brothers and shared a Hamburger and fries and home.

Friday we went into have the hear aids checked at Trippler VA hospital and then I had am appointment for my computer.  I had lost all my files.  I was just sick about it.  The file folders were on the desktop but nothing was inside.  I had several people check my computer and everyone said I had lost everything.  I called apple support on the phone and they walked me through stuff but they too said I had lost everything.   My one last chance was the Apple Store.  I prayed and prayed and walked in and the first girl genius said it was gone, then a guy came by and he restored everything. I told him he was an answer to a prayer and a true genius!  I am so grateful, I had lost all talks, all copies of letters to my grandchildren, all recipes, all important things, I was just frantic.  Prayer does work and I testify to that daily.

Today we got up and went over to the church and I finished up my project of repairing the Hymn books and putting "Aloha Oe" lyrics inside each cover, both in Hawaiian and English.

Now we are watching the BYU football game, I'm actually slipping away to the beach .....

No comments:

Post a Comment