Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday September 8, 2019

Today I woke up bright and early at 5:00 a.m. and thought... "Sam is sitting in Sacrament Meeting right now getting ready to give his Farewell talk before leaving on his mission."  Samuel is our first grandchild to serve a mission, #7 down the line of grandchildren.  I shed a tear and then couldn't sleep wondering about the meeting and so wishing I were there.  I finally got up and thought of the Sacrament Meeting minute by minute as the minutes passed by...the "ordination of the Sacrament  should be about over, I wonder if Michael Spencer (another young man leaving on his mission and sharing the meeting with Sam) will speak first or Sam.  I was hoping for Sam.  Then I wondered if Amelia was playing her piano solo yet.  I was hoping people were taking recordings for me and pictures after.  I wondered if Ryan had made it from California.  At 7:20 I texted 13 people and said it was time to send me pictures and reports.  They dwindled in all morning.    I was so sad to miss this day but knew he was doing what the Lord desired and what I desired too.

He did a great job speaking, a sweet friend in the ward Lorna Miller sent me three videos she made while in the meeting.  Thank goodness for hers as I couldn't get Isaacs to come up.  What a thoughtful thing to do for us.  I took a snap shot of the video she sent us...Sam is tiny.
Our Sam
Then I got a few pictures of the get-together at Doran's
house.  Ryan made it with Flora and all is well. (except we're
not there!)


A few hours after, we found out that sweet Carol Crist had passed away early that afternoon.  She is my son-in-law Tom's mother.  Carol is a great matriarch, she is loved by all and so talented, kind, and giving.  We all will miss her tremendously but she was suffering after a bad fall and in so much pain.
We love you Carol and know you'll keep watch over those you love from above, but how you'll be missed!

Then we had our usual church meetings today and then a really neat baptism of a young man who was meant to be baptized.  Mohammed.  He has grasped the gospel and will now be with us in our YSA ward.  He didn't have a tie so Elder Sanft donated his tie today for a great cause and I quickly make a candy lei for him.
Elder Potter and Mohammed
This next week is a very busy week with a Mission Tour,  I have to help with the food for lunch on Wednesday.  We get to serve in the Visitor's Center on Thursday plus all our other weekly meetings and duties.  Time is flying by...I'm getting in as much beach time as I can and constantly saying to my companion, "now what else did we want to do before leaving?"...hikes (no good legs), food (yes plenty of repeat places to go eat at), activities....lots, new beaches...still a couple we haven't been to, ukelele lessons (? not enough time), so we've done about all we wanted to do, such a wonderful place to be.  I've made 5 batches of mango butter and 3 batches of mango jam, all thanks to my generous neighbors.  My bucket list is almost complete.  We've another baptism next week and my lei making is getting put to use.  Time is flying by, less than 4 months left of our mission in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment