Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday November 8

Yesterday was our 50th wedding anniversary!  I never thought I'd live this long to be married this long!  But what a surprise.  We've had our ups and downs along the way but I am so grateful we've "endured" and loved each other to survive the low spots.  The things I look back on are such wonderful memories.   Most of the memories include our children, it seems like we can't enjoy something without wishing our children were with us to enjoy it also.  Ramon has been a wonderful husband and care taker of us all.  I love him so much.  He is thoughtful and always goes out of his way to put me first.  I hope we have many more years ahead, and in my brain I am still young and forget we're nearing the end.

We got up early and went into the VA clinic and then out to breakfast at Annie Miller's restaurant, then stopped by Costco and home by 1:00.  I'd had a bad headache all night so I took a nap, which is NOT like me.  Then we went into Laie, picked up two dozen donuts and a gallon of chocolate milk, ran it over to the teaching center's fridge and then off to the Temple.  We had a branch Temple night with our YSA kids.  We were asked to be the witness couple, and ended up in the "disability" session, since that is what happens at 4:00 at our Temple.  It was nice and then we watched a few baptisms for the dead, we'd never seen this here.  Then we got out and went and got our food and milk and went to the pavilion and waited for people to come.  Elder and Sister Rose were at the temple so we invited them to have donuts with us.  They waited a while til someone else came and then left to go home.  We had a small group but it was nice.  Hopefully, this will continue on and we'll get more participants in the future.

It was a nice day.  We we gave each other nice presents and all is well with us old folks!  Today we cleaned, ironed and went snorkeling where we ran into Staci Christensen and her daughter Maggie at Sharks Cove.  Here are some "fish" pictures we took.




"my" fish I always look for, called a Christmas Wrasse
He comes in many colors, this one was pink and turquoise but
looks orange here 

Ramon took this of a wall of fish he likes to go see each time we go

No comments:

Post a Comment