Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving Day November 28, 2019 + 11/29/20

Early his morning we went over to SunSet Beach to enjoy the beauty of the Earth where we live.  I have a new camera and took some practice pictures of the waves.



Good 
new camera!

Great zoom!










Later at noon we attended the annual Thanksgiving Day Feast Junior AhYou puts on for all the missionaries and elderly people.  We took my cousin Michele and her husband Ben and son Will with us this year.  Here are some pictures.
Will, Ben, and Michele

Leslie King and others playing Ukelele


















Tonight we went over to the Temple grounds to participate in a Temple Walk.  We were to walk up to the temple passing groups of people singing and it was to be all dark, with just the Temple lite up.  Well, we parked at the VC and walked down to Laie school but no one was there, they had all congregated in the middle of the length of the walk.


We finally walked back up to where they were.  This was to start at 6:00, the opening prayer was at 6:35 and took 10 minutes.  By then we were resigned to leave. It was very disorganized and we were frustrated.  Michele and her family were with us. Each group of singers was going to take so long to get through all their songs they had prepared.  I walked into the VC to get my purse and Gerald Cause, the Presiding Bishop of our church was there visiting.  He is nice and it was nice to see him.  We then decided to forgo the free luau and go to McDonalds.  Every thing was closed so we came back home to eat leftovers.

Sunday November 30,2019

Yesterday I spent an hour or so at Turtle Bay Beach visiting with my cousin Michele who is here for a week.  What a nice time that was.  I find as I mature that family is so important, and those years when we didn't see each other because of various things, mostly raising our children, just slip away and we are still close family forever.  We reminisced about our Mother's and the role they each played in the other's life.  Little did I know my mother was such a wise person to give good advice to a newly married niece.  I so loved Michele's mother, my Aunt Rayma.  What a blessing she was in my life when I needed her so.

After I came home and finished up the preparations for our "Thanksgiving" dinner I had planned for this night.  We had two young BYUH students from our home ward come, Maggie Christensen and Grace Miller, as well as Tom and Shahara's niece Mckenzie, along with Michele, husband Ben and son Will.   We had a great time all together.  McKenzie is from where Michele's daughter lives in Arizona and will knew Maggies two sisters.  Small world in the church, as they say.  It was good food, and I think the girls enjoyed being there even if they didn't know each other or our family.  McKenzie gave them a ride back to Laie.  Then we oldies, played SKYJO, a fun game Ryan had given us last Christmas.  Was a fun night and Michele did all the dishes, as I put stuff away.  I sure love this cousin of mine.Yesterday I spent an hour or so at Turtle Bay Beach visiting with my cousin Michele who is here for a week.  What a nice time that was.  I find as I mature that family is so important, and those years when we didn't see each other because of various things, mostly raising our children, just slip away and we are still close family forever.  We reminisced about our Mother's and the role they each played in the other's life.  Little did I know my mother was such a wise person to give good advice to a newly married niece.  I so loved Michele's mother, my Aunt Rayma.  What a blessing she was in my life when I needed her so.

After I came home and finished up the preparations for our "Thanksgiving" dinner I had planned for this night.  We had two young BYUH students from our home ward come, Maggie Christensen and Grace Miller, as well as Tom and Shahara's niece Mckenzie, along with Michele, husband Ben and son Will.   We had a great time all together.  McKenzie is from where Michele's daughter lives in Arizona and will knew Maggies two sisters.  Small world in the church, as they say.  It was good food, and I think the girls enjoyed being there even if they didn't know each other or our family.  McKenzie gave them a ride back to Laie.  Then we oldies, played SKYJO, a fun game Ryan had given us last Christmas.  Was a fun night and Michele did all the dishes, as I put stuff away.  I sure love this cousin of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment