Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Monday

 How I like the PCC, no people
Not really, they need to make money 
for the students at BYUH
Second Shave Ice, but who's counting
I told Ramon if we lived across the street 
from Masumoto's I'd get one every day  for 
my lunch.  Try every flavor.  This one was
banana and coconut


We first spent the day at the PCC (before they opened) getting our landlady Peggy's brother tickets for the day.  What an ordeal.  The girl was soooooo sloooow.  Then it was because she wasn't supposed to sell tickets.  Oh well.  Then we drove into Honolulu which will from now on be named "town" and looked for the first of the eye doctors we had been referred too.  We had to do this since not one of them had returned my many phone calls asking them to call me so I could make an appointment.  I decided we'd march into the office and get them to serve Ramon.  Well, we couldn't find the right building so we parked at Ala Moana Mall and walked back the way we had come looking for the address.  I went into a bar and met the nicest people.  The hostess said she'd google it for me and showed me the view from above.  So I thanked her and ran and caught up with Ramon and then we tried to enter the right building through the parking lot.  Saw the locked doors and a USP guy waiting, he asked what we needed and directed us through the parking lot to the middle building inside of the block of sky scrapers, and finally went up to the 5th floor and there it was.  The nicest, too nice, receptionist, who just kept smiling and nodding and she took Ramon's information and we filled out forms and made an appointment. So easy.  They even googled a Sprint store nearby for us and off we went.  We should be able for him to have his first appointment there in October and then the doctor serves one day sort of by us on the North Shore and it won't be so far to travel. But every 3 months isn't too bad if so.  I have to come into town every 4 weeks as it is.  

Got to the Sprint store and the boy transferred Ramon's bad phone over to his old iphone and didn't even charge us.  Then off to Costco, for another load of food, this time for the "break the fast" Cafe Rio style on Sunday.  Then to Walmart and just since we were passing Hale'iwa we stopped for shave ice before they closed.  Long line this time.  Grrrr.  Came home at 6:45, big day and rested for a bit and off to YSA FHE at 8:00.  Can I just say I am loving this YSA branch so far.  They love us too!  A new boy was there whose name was Austin Sanft!  We chatted a bit, I told him I had a 18 (he's 18) year old beautiful granddaughter!  He was way impressed.  I also met a girl whose Dad is from Basin City Washington where my cousin Michele lives.  She texted her Dad and he knows my cousin's crazy husband well!  Small world.  

I didn't have my phone but took pictures with Ramons and I'll post them if I can figure out how to get them to here.  I need some help.  It was a small group tonight but they are so much fun, we laughed and laughed with them.
 This is Alora, she is teaching us how
to play a game called Mine Bomb...I think 
that was the name
 You have plates that we drew donuts 
and bombs on..you put a blindfold
on and a friend directs you to miss
all the "bombs" and you get points
for all the donuts you walk on...

 Sister Chow who was Elder Sanft's partner
Sister Cardensa with Nicole
This is Austin Sanft!  He's 18

No comments:

Post a Comment