Tuesday, July 17, 2018

MTC 2nd day...


Here we are pointing to our island mission.


This sweet girl is our afternoon teacher and we came to
find out she is in our home ward, has been for a year, but
of course we've not been there!  What a great teacher
she is.  Just lives up the street from us.
FYI  We had  great devotional tonight with President
Ballard as our speaker. It was fun to see Leslie (King)
there helping with the music, and we met a couple who
are going on their mission to Maui next month in our
mission, friends of Leslie.  We ducked out at noon and
met Maile and our Inde for a quick lunch at Taco Bell,
don't know if I can make it 18 months without my boy.

We were so spiritually fed today.  Our Hearts and eyes

were overflowing.  We were told that of the 1400 or so
missionaries in the MTC only about 25% came from
homes who had two parents taking them to church, not
even counting having daily prayers, or FHE, or scripture
study, just getting them there AND the other 75% were
not even that blessed.  I am amazed at the young men
and women who desire to serve without parental
influence.  What great youth are here willing to serve
our Lord.  Humbles me.  We were reminded of in the
early days of the church how so many fathers and husbands
left their young families to serve.  We really don't even
know what it is to sacrifice, so I guess I can make it
18 months without my grandkids.  I've been feeling
sad because we'll miss so many milestones in their
lives next year.  But I know this is what we are supposed
to do.  We've been promised so many times that miracles
will happen in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment