Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Memorial Day 2019

Sunday we went to our two church meetings and came away a bit disappointed.  Not one hymn was sung or mention made of Memorial Day, with the exception of David Bowen, our Branch Mission Leader who gave a great talk about his grandfather and the war he was in.

We did have the two Sisters from our YSA Branch over for dinner and had a nice visit with them.  Peggy, our upstairs neighbor and landlady has been feeling awful so I made her a pot of chicken soup, that seems to help a bit.  Wish there was more we could do to ease her pain.

Monday we had our normal VC meeting and Elder Allen spent the whole time talking about Memorial Day memories he had and showed pictures of his family at the graves this year,  and then opened it up to testimonies or memories we had.  I wasn't going to say anything but the spirit pushed me up and I bore my testimony, which I rarely do,  I stood before them in my 4th of July dress and mentioned that we, like the Allens, celebrate Memorial day by decorating our loved ones graves.  I then mentioned Ramon and his service to our country and how this is also a great part of Memorial Day, and how I often don't tell Ramon how proud I am of him and what he did.  I then mentioned his Purple Heart and how he went right back out after healing to fight some more!

This year Maile put flowers on my parents graves, as well as Bill's and our grandson Max.  Ramon said she is growing up just like me and he could kiss her!   funny...

After, we went by and picked up Leslie to take her with us to Sam's Club and Walmart.  Since she doesn't have a car we try to help where we can.  On the way back we stopped at some "birthing" stones in Wahiawa and took pictures.  I guess the royalty came here to give birth.  Not my idea of a pleasant birthing process, plus it's hot out side.
Leslie on the trail to the stones...











                              Look comfortable?

After dropping Leslie off at her home, we came to ours and got ready for a swim party at the Kehoe's house.  It is a beautiful home on the hill above the ocean and they have a pool.  Just the kids swam, but we ate hot dogs and hamburgers and visited.  I took the 7 layer bars.  We had to miss a party the couples had at the Luker's new pad but it was okay.  We also missed our YSA who went into the Ala Moana park at dusk to float lanterns with the thousands of others, we watched it on TV.  There were so many things going on but our obligation tonight was to our Family Branch.  I came home and made up some dough to bake tomorrow for District Meeting for the Elders to have cinnamon rolls.  We also have an appointment with President Bekker and a special dedication of the Teaching Center tomorrow night that we need to take things too as well as be present.  Here are some pictures of the swim party.

Trenton and baby Van


Ramon taking a picture behind Nick Geronio






Beautiful home and setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment