Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday May 20, 1919

Grandma brag page...

Today was a glorious day for my two grandsons:  Aisea and Sam Sanft.  Both graduated from Timpview High School and both are headed for great things.  We felt bad we couldn't be there to celebrate with them.  They had a party in our back yard Saturday night and then today was graduation.  We received pictures but it's still bitter sweet for us.  I know this has got to be the tough part of a mission and the part where we make the greatest sacrifices!

Aisea has done so well in school and is headed to Chicago for University work with a full ride scholarship there.  I've been a bit worried about the area but we have two missionaries from Chicago here and I have talked to them about my concerns and they have reassured me he will be safe!  I don't care if I'm not the Mom, I still care a great deal about my children, whether son or daughter or grandchild, they are still my child, to fuss over.  Asiea, has such a good head on his shoulders and is very mature and intelligent for his youth, much more so than the normal 18 year old.  He is also such a sweet boy, when we lived by Timpview he'd drop in every day as ask if there was anything we needed him to do for us.  Aisea loves my cooking, and he actually cooks quiet a few of my specialities for his family, usually in the middle of the night though!  Such a thoughtful and amazing young man.  He is Kameron and Anne's son.

Sam lives next door to us and he and Aisea are best of friends, although have very different interests.
Sam got a perfect score on the ACT plus numerous other academic awards.  He is very humble and quiet like his father Doran.  He was accepted to Princeton, with scholarships  but asked them to defer his scholarship until he served a mission.  They wrote back and said they'd see him in 2020!  He has mission papers in and will soon be on his way to serve the Lord.  Sam is just like Aisea in worrying over us and showing kindness and help. Sam goes very quietly about doing what he knows is the right thing to do.  No fuss or attention, he just does it. He and Aisea are my go-to  tech guys whether my computer, phone or  just the stupid printer.   Sam is Doran and Marni's son.

We are so blessed to have such fine grandsons.  These are our number 4 and 5 High School Graduates, Alexis (Ryan's daughter) graduates next Monday in California.  She's pretty special too.
More on her next week!

We've been busy this past week so I haven't written.  Same old things day after day that keeps us happy and busy.  We did get a new Branch Presidency yesterday.   Our Sunset Family President is moving with his family into Kahuku, another ward.  So President Daniel is our new President.  He will be wonderful.  He has a great family, and he has a great support system.  Our over the fence neighbor Craig Freebarin was called as a councilor, so we are happy about that.  Craig is a super guy, so humble and spiritual and such a fun neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment