Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday June 3

Today we ran into Costco and Sams and Walmart for some major shopping.  Tomorrow is the last "returning missionary luncheon" the Bekkers will be to as they are leaving July 1.  I want to make it special for them so I needed some major fruit.  As I've mentioned President Bekker likes me to order from Taco Bell, but I can do the drinks, dessert and fruit any way I choose.  So we got a bunch of fruit and I will have it displayed for their enjoyment.  I am also making my pinacolda cake, it's easy and pretty Hawaiian for here.  I have to make two of them as there will be 19 of us. As we were getting fuel at Costco I saw these beautiful trees all in bloom, they looked like lilac trees not bushes!


 I feel sad, a few of my favorite Sisters, whom we've worked with in our Sunset Branches are leaving tomorrow.  Bitter sweet, except a couple are from Utah so I know I'll see them when we return.  They say they have big plans!

Later after we were home Brother Reuel brought us 15 papayas!  Wow!  I had just bought 5 at Costco!  He said they were leaving for the mainland tomorrow and the birds would just eat them.  What a sweet surprise!
You pick papaya green and they ripen in about 3 days.  You can see some of these ripening.

No comments:

Post a Comment