Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday June 2 - Kam's Birthday!

Well, a report on the Zip Line and baptism...

First, I will never do that again but I did enjoy the day.  The kids (the young adults) helpers were all LDS and the guy a returned missionary from India.  They were cute with us and very patient with my fears.  I did 7 lines, and every time figured I'd crash into the pole and or hit my head so bad, but I didn't and was so relieved when it was over!  It was so hot wearing helmets and the gear!  Elder Sanft (who loved every minute of it) took some pictures.
Beautiful Kaawa Valley

Leslie and me

Ramon and me
One of our "waiting" platforms...

Me and Noah

Ready to go...not!
After we rushed home and wanted to get ready for the baptism, we had about 1/2 hour to get ready, and Dave had shut off the water.  He was quick to turn it on but we decided we'd just go dirty and so put on "clean" clothes over our stinky bodies and rushed into Kahuku.  Then the baptized guy wasn't there and didn't show up for 1/2 hour!  So we could have showered, that is where he was, stopped at someones place to shower.  He had been homeless but they found him a room to live someplace, but maybe it didn't have a shower!  You have to have an address to get baptized.  It ended up being a nice baptism.  I hope to take pictures of him today after his confirmation.  He is 66 years old, and his name is Ray.  He's a nice guy, seems very smart, and has loved reading the Book of Mormon and has grasped the doctrine rapidly and seems really sincere.

Raymond Kritkz

We went to our Sunset Family Branch were Raymond was confirmed and given he gift of the Holy Ghost.  Then later we went to our Sunset Branch and after we had Break-the-Fast with Nachos. 



Christian Fullmer who was responsible for converting Raymond

Then at the end of the day we went over to the Visitor's Center for a Fireside by the Bekkers.  What a wonderful spirit was felt there.  These are tremendous people and they have blessed our lives while we have been here.   We are surely going to miss them when they leave in July.  The musical numbers brought everyone to tears.  I think it is also because we have 9 Sister's leaving this transfer and they have been such good worthy Sisters.  I love them so much but lucky for me most of them are in Utah and promise to come visit.


President and Sister Halstrom, Temple President
Elder Luker, President and Sister Bekker
Sister and Elder Allen 
Sister Bekker, I love how she uses her hands!






Sisters singing at the end, just beautiful!



Sister Beuhler (2nd one) Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment