Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday morning July 16th

So blessed this day, my 73 Birthday and I am in a place where I never thought I'd be able to live again.  Hawaii has always been in my heart these last 53 years, ever since I came over here with my parents and brothers and then decided to stay for school.  I have such sweet memories of my time here and the love I felt for these wonderful Polynesian people.  Heavenly Father has answered a big prayer for me in allowing me to serve here with my Eternal companion and show him how wonderful it is here in Hawaii.

Second, how fun to have my grandsons Sam and Isaac with me to celebrate today.

Backing up a bit....Some pictures from Sunday worship.  We had normal Sunset Branch church then left it early to run into Laie for our YSA regional YSA conference at BYUH.  We had a great meeting in the Cannon Center and it was amazing to see them offer the sacrament to so many people.  I counted 24 Elders breaking the bread and about double that passing the trays.  Took almost 30 minutes to give the sacrament to everyone there.  Then we had amazing youth speakers finishing up with our Patriarch and Area Seventy.  After they gave everyone lunch!  Here's a picture of Isaac eating lunch...

After we went home, rested and them came back to Laie for a musical Fireside.  It was very good and we found out Elder Sanft was related to the couple who performed, (of course!)

The Motis

Future missionaries!

After Ramon's cousin Leilani had a box of mangos and papaya for us, they are such sweet family to us here....

Monday we had to run into the VA and see the audiologist.  Yeah!  Elder Sanft gets some new hearing aides, with blue tooth...but they won't be here for 6 weeks.  He's been down to one hearing aid for months and it has made us both use a lot of patience. After we went over to Diamond head and the boys hiked it while we read.  Then we shopped and shopped for our "returning missionary luncheon" which is tomorrow.  We are feeding 30 tomorrow, one of our bigger groups.

We came home and the boys swam for a while, I ran over and jumped in to cool off for about 1/2 hour and then we headed over to our FHE for fun.  It was an ice cream eating contest.  Both boys  participated and I think had fun.  There was tons of ice cream and we had our biggest turnout ever, 24 people!  I feel sad Elder Larkin is being transferred but only to Honolulu so we will see him at Zone conferences.  He is the one whose first name if Kameron like my son's name.  I have a soft spot in my heart for this Elder.
Isaac, he has to finish this 6 cups to win..Elder Larkin
and Gabe behind him

He almost won!

Jordan, Haley, Jordan and Elder Higa

Our group...Elder Larkin legs out :)

Haley and Joran



Sam and Shy trying to beat Gabe and Elder Larkin


No comments:

Post a Comment