Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th of July - Thursday

Happy Holiday, one of our favorites!  We had to speak in church last Sunday in our Family Branch. We both dressed appropriately in 4th of July ataire.   They asked us to speak on the holiday and so I spoke about why we celebrate the 4th, since it seems most young people don't even know the why of the celebration, then I talked about Columbus and this the promised land, as referenced in the Book of Mormon.  Ramon spoke from the heart, as usual, and won their hearts.  So many people commented.  The guy playing the organ took off his flag tie and gave it to Ramon.  Some asked for copies of my talk.  I guess all the preparation was put to good use.  Personally, I am just glad it's over.

Monday we had FHE and it was so nice we had a great crowd out and our new Branch President was there and gave a really meaningful expression about repentance, he's a former seminary teacher so knows his stuff!  I snapped a few pictures of playing Ninja.


Jordan

Great crowd

Today is the 4th of July, we got up at 5:00 and got ready, and went to a breakfast at the PCC farm in Hauula.  It was really interesting.  They let about 100 people in the wards here have a plot of ground to farm.  It is for their food.  They grow all kinds of trees and plants.  I was so impressed with the amount of land involved.  We had a great breakfast.  




Our Leslie King!


Then we went over to the PCC and met up with Duane and Pam Crist and got them tickets for the villages and show tonight.  They are here getting their daughter settled to live here.  Tonight we are going over to the Allens for a barbecue with the Sisters and watch the fireworks with them.  Fun day.  I boiled about 25 lb of potatoes to make potato salad for the barbecue.
Flowers I bought from our "corn' lady, whom we buy corn on the cob from, she sold me these for $5.  We also buy corn, cut about so you get 3/4 the ear, 6 for $5.00.  These flowers are red ginger and last a long time. I thought they looked 4th of Julyish.



Ramon, last to eat as he was the griller cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment