Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wednesday

It seems like the longer we are here the busier we get.  It's been a whirlwind of activities lately.  Today is slow because we have no doctor appointments this Wednesday, have one tomorrow though.  Also, not cooking or going to the Geronio's tonight as we have been invited to go with Cody, one of our YSA guys to be there when he received his Temple Endowment.  So they cancelled Geronios this night as the Zone Leaders are also going to be there.

Yesterday we had a meeting in the morning with our Sisters from the VC and then moved right into our District meeting.  I wanted to have cinnamon rolls for the Elders as several of them are transfering on and Elder Tauteoli is going home.  So I got up at 4 to start the rolls, I just had to mix them and let them sit for an hour and go back to bed.  As I was quietly making the dough Ellie, the lab from upstairs must have heard me and was outside our door barking one loud bark about ever 20 seconds for about 15 times until I was done.  She hears us and then comes around expecting Ramon to give her treats.  I was hoping no one heard her but Peggy, upstairs said she heard her but Dave slept through it all.  Thank goodness.  So the next hour when I had to roll out the dough she was back but she wasn't as persistent.

Elders showing how they have to rely on each other!  First chairs were under
them and they the Sisters removed the chairs, all was well, until one Elder stood up!
After this meeting we ran the car over to the "Organic Mechanic" to change the oil and fix a leak in our tire.  Then home for an hour and then on to the PCC to take tickets for the Aloha Luau.



                                                 Another picture of the peacock feather dress
                                                 at the luau!

Monday we had our usual VC meetings and then went back into Laie at night for FHE and heard this great lady speak to us. She was from Idaho originally and then married a Samoan and moved there and raised her family there.  It was really intersting to me.  She was born in 1933, so a bit older than us but I could relate.  Glad I didn't marry the original Tongan I was going too, when I thought I could live in the bush and raise my kids there.  I would never have been strong enough to do that, I know that now.

Sunday we had a full day of churches and then did "Break the Fast" with just the YSA ward.  We did Cafe Rio and another person purchased the items, and they forgot the cheese. I forgot the Cafe Rio tomitillo dressing and had to fun back home for it, 1/2 an hour delay but they had set the tables and the tortillas were being fried up and so all was well,  No one seemed to miss the cheese but me.


No comments:

Post a Comment