Monday, December 23, 2019

Monday December 23

Well, an interesting but annoying weekend.  We were taking tickets at the PCC luau Friday night and they allow us to eat there afterwards and I slipped on something wet and messed my right side up pretty good.  But the nice news is I heal quickly and am up and about now.  I broke my ankle, sprained my bad knee,...no problem there I'll probably get a new knee soon anyway, and wrenched my back.  That's the worst.  Never had back problems before but they kill!  After hurting it, I was so mad, but I took time to take pictures of our friend Eliu being the angel at the live nativity at the PCC while I waited for the first aid cart to drive us to our car.  We had planned to spend the rest of the night enjoying the things the PCC do for the Holidays.  We should have done this earlier in the month! (Side note February 22, last two months I've been in pain with my back, I found out I have a compound fracture and ruptured something or other that has kept in limited to what I can do.  They say it heals in 3 months.  I am 2  months into it now, we'll see.)  February 24 I was told I have to have back surgery or the consequences are dire.  But Ramon has to have his elbow surgery first, scheduled for March 3 and I will do my back after wards.  I guess that was a horrible fall to cause me so much grief! (I had back surgery May 5, in Payson.  This was the worst surgery I have had so far.  I wasn't free of constant pain until 6 weeks after surgery.  As of today, July 5, I only have pain if I do too much or get up or down.  I still walk slow and carefully and now feel as if my knee is next)
Eliu Matangi, a royal angel!
I had a miserable night and the next morning decided to head over to our tiny Kahuku clinic to see if I had broke my hip.  They X-rayed me from top to bottom and only found the broken ankle.  So I came home, cancelled our fun two days in Waikiki seeing the lights and going to the BYU game and just laid in bed for the whole weekend...boring.
This morning called an Orthopedic Doctor and they got us right in and gave me a walking boot and told me NOT to lay around on my back, that makes it worse.
We stopped by Sister Rose, picked up our scooter we had loaned to a student of hers, and then stopped the VC for a wheelchair so maybe I can go to the game tomorrow.  You never know what the next day will bring so enjoy today.   We had to cancel our fun couples dinner we were hosting on Saturday night too,  but are still having it next Saturday!  No matter what!



No comments:

Post a Comment