Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday


Last night we had our two Elders, Chandler and Bass and our two Sister's Presler and Boyce, and our friend Cody join us for a Friday Thanksgiving Dinner.  It went well, but the Elders forgot and when we texted them were cooking but ran right over and ate late with us.  Elder Chandler loved the pecan mini pies I made, said they were the best thing he'd ever tasted!  Funny guy!  I loaded everyone up with huge plates of food to take home so we wouldn't be eating leftovers for a month.  Just two days!
I made little pilgrim hats out of cookies and Reeses peanut butter cups.  They liked that.

This morning we went into the Visitor's Center to practice for our fireside tomorrow night.  The VC was all decorated for Christmas.  Our practice went well, we have so many talented Sisters here right now.  Elder Sanft and I, plus the Tuitupos are singing two lines in Tongan of Silent Night.  Wish us luck!  I took some pictures of my favorite trees decorated by the different Stakes here in Oahu.
My favorite




His favorite?
After returning home, we went over to the Kopp house and instructed them on how to play "Settlers of Catan"not sure if that was missionary worthy but they sure loved it.  We played with them from 10 to 2:00, when I was so hot, we were outside on their deck.  We left them with the game, they were hooked, they'll get one for Christmas, I'm sure.  They are probably still playing as I type this.

It was a hot sunny day so I talked Elder Sanft into taking me to Turtle Bay beach to snorkel.  We only get to the beach about once every two weeks, I'm hating that part of this.  My swimming every morning isn't happening due to meetings almost every morning at 7:30.  or RAIN.  But I was happy to see my Christmas Wrasse there in all his beauty.  Lovely day for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment