Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sunday

We had another whirlwind Sunday.  It wouldn't have been so bad but the surf competition started today for the Triple Crown and everyone in the world who wasn't at church was on the one and only road around this island on our side of the island.  It took us 20 minutes to drive 1 mile.  It was lucky we ditched RS and Priesthood to come home early to change our clothes and grab something to eat, before the fireside at the Visitor's Center. As it was, we only had time to change and run off again.  I had to teach the Gospel Principles class on Chastity and thought I might get out of it, if Diego decided to go watch the tournament, but he was obedient and showed up to Sacrament meeting and then to our class.  So far he is the only member, so we run out in the halls to recruit more people.  The
Tofa's joined us along with our four missionaries.  Elder Chandler made it interesting by role playing how he, as a father would talk to his child about chastity.

So, the fireside was really great.  Lots of people showed up, including the whole office staff at the mission office.  I got to meet Elder Walker the Car guy and he took my keys and checked out the car.  Said we were on the list for a new car, but one just wasn't available.  I told him this car now had two warning lights on and we have to make two trips into Honolulu this week.  He said to be careful and get an appointment with the Organic Mechanics who fixes the mission cars.  On a wing and a prayer this week, I guess.  We just had the car in last Monday and they said all was fine...

Ramon's nephew, Frank, texted us and they are here.  We will get with them tomorrow hope.

Oh, I picked my first and only tomato, it is small but tasted great.  There are blossoms but no new big tomatoes.  I have some cherry tomatoes of a good size on the other plant that are getting ripe.  I need to get my $10 investment back.  This is 3 months growing so far.
I put the can to compare the size.  This was
a beefsteak tomato plant!

Merry Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment