Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday January 25, 2019

Shoot, I thought I had posted about Ramon's surgery.  He had surgery Monday, at Castle Hospital in Kaneohe.  It went well and they were very nice to us and then we came home to recover.  This is so minor compared to the other surgeries but still surgery.  He never complains.  Is a good patient most of the time.

Well, it's been a pretty quiet week, letting Ramon heal and pretty much stay down and off his foot.

I went into our District Meeting Tuesday morning and met with the Elders for 1 1/2 hours.  I took a cute picture of them.  They had made district ties and so all had them on for this picture.  Two of our Elders think they'll be transferred tomorrow.  I hope not, but it's not up to me.   I do hope we get to keep Elder Bass until another transfer.   He's ours here in the Sunset Branches.
Elder Bass is second from right

After I stopped by Taco Bell to get Elder Sanft some food.  We have "returning missionaries luncheon" next Tuesday so put in that order too.

Wednesday I ran into town by myself and got my infusion, then went to a few places to shop and then home by 3:00.  Long day by myself when I'm used to a companion by my side all the time :)

Today Elder Sanft felt good enough to go get a hair cut and then we went over to BYUH for me to run and see what the Farmet's Market was all about.  I didn't like it so saved some money.  My friend Kathy's back from Utah so I asked her to go with me so I could show her this weirdly producing Papaya tree.  The tree ususally grows on one big trunk with papayas growing on the top under the leaves, kind of like coconuts.  Well, Kathy told me that if you cut the trunk it will branch out and papayas will grow on the branches too.  This tree must have had about 100 papayas on it's branches.  Never seen such a sight.  I'll go back and take a picture and put it here.

Tomorrow we are back to work checking how clean our Elders keep their apartments.  Love these guys and they do the best they can.  I'm never dissappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment