Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tuesday

Today was the Returning Missionaries Luncheon where we feed the Missionairies that are returning home after their service.  One thing after another went wrong but it's over and done with and all is well now.

I made Valentine treats as it is close to that Holiday.  Then we went in and I got a ticket in front of Taco Bell, our President wants us to order from Taco Bell but we furnish the drink, dessert and fruit.  I ran out to tell the officer, who hadn't even started to write the ticket that I had a handicap sticker, he said "But it has to be in the car."  I said "it is"  he said "displayed".  grumpy.  So I got my stuff as he was finished writing me a ticket, he softened a bit and told me to write a letter to the judge and he'll probably waive the ticket.  I explained I was in a hurry as I just barely remembered the temple takes less time now than before and I was anxious to get back to the pavillion and Elder Sanft with our food.  Then I rushed there and they didn't put forks in for the two salads that Sister Bekker ordered this morning.  I couldn't find my car keys to drive 1/2 block over to where the Sisters live to borrow 2 forks.  So I walked rapidly there and back.  Then everyone looked for my keys.  I knew I had them as I had driven over there.  Anyway, everyone looked and of course I found them in the pocket of my purse...after praying to find them.  So embarrassing.

We had a small group and I forgot to take a picture.  I feel bad because we knew 4 of the 6 returning missionaries.  Was a frustrating day.   Here are some pictures of the cookies and treats I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment