Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday January 19, 2019



Elder Sanft with Vai Sikahema and his wife
Where is the time going?  Everytime I type a date I am amazed at it!  Time just flys by.

We woke up today late and exhausted still from helping with all the reception plans for the Handcock's son Hunter and Emily's wedding reception here at th house.  I helped Mele do the flowers, and by that I mean I just cut wire and washed ferns and did whatever I could to help.  She is an artist and boy is she ever good.  Natural eye to arrange and display.  It was fun for me to help her and I enjoyed being useful.

During the reception I was incharge of the dessert table, cakes and pies.  They had it set here by our lanai and so it was easy to do. Ramon had the two Labs in the house so they wouldn't bark or run away with the gates open.  The food was terrific and it was very beautiful.  Hunter and Emily had a ring ceremony perfomed by Dave and then dinner for the guests.  The little Kahuku hospital actually catered the meal and it was delicious!  Ted's Bakery provided the pies and cakes.  I'll post some pictures to show the beauty of it all.



















Dessert Table
Better view Dessert Table with no desserts


This is Mele Handcock, the artist!

This afternoo we went over to the PCC with Leslie to see if we could watch some celebration of the Polyneisan football team at the Canoe Festival.  We missed it but did run into Vai Sikahema
as we were walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment