Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Sunday

We had a great Easter Sunday even without our most loved ones near us!  First we had Stake Conference with the Sunset Family Branch, superb speakers and then our Stake President simply stood and read from the Bible the account of the Saviors last few hours on this earth.  He read it so eloquently and with such feeling and emotion that the tears just flowed.  I think this simple account he read touched me to the heart of my testimony.  What stirring  feelings it brought forth.
Flower outside the Cannon Center, so beautiful this Easter morn!

Then we had our Sunset YSA ward and Elder and Sister Jenkins talked.  She was last and simply  told of how when they went to the Holy Land and saw the tomb and a simple sign was by the door that said "He is not here, He is risen" and how she had such a profound spiritual feeling come over her that it was so true.  We were all touched by her simple but powerful testimony of our Savior.  Today I was so touched by all and so grateful my testimony is growing daily, while here on a mission,  of our Savior.  I am learning to know Him better and can see how if we truly believe, we will do all we can to honor and ease his burden a bit, by living the commandments.

Then we came home and got ready to have an Easter meal with our good friends, also missionaries here, the Sebrings and the Lukers.  I cooked a ham and "funeral" potatoes, made deviled eggs and aspargus and cauliflower, they brought salads and dessert.  It was a great meal and unfortunately I forgot to take a "before" picture, so here is an "after" picture.


Elder Sebring (Glen), Sister Sebring (Sheila) the Lukers, Janice and Bill
It was too hot in the room, so I am in a muumuu cause it's my house and
I can wear what I want!  I made rolls, and made some cinnamon rolls, for
 them to take home for breakfast.
I wanted to post this picture of a meeting we had at Bowen's last Missionary meeting, before Elder Gunderson got transferred to Kauai.
David Bowen is standing, then the two Elders
Gunderson and Larkin, and
our two Sisters, Beuhler and Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment