Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday April 13, 2019

We've had a busy week this past week and I've neglected to keep this blog up to date.  Monday night we had FHE with the Senior Missionaries at the Grant Building at BYUH.  We had a BYU religion professor, I don't recall his name, speak to us about the Book of Mormon and the perils of the last days.  He was interesting but spoke too fast and covered too much information in one hour.  My mind is slower in old age and it was hard to try to recall even some of it.

Tuesday we had our District Meeting with the Elders.  I had baked banana muffins and they mightily consumed those, about three each!  We thought we had YSA ministering that night but it was cancelled.  Wednesday I prepared food to take to Geronio's for dinner.  We went over a little early and visited with them a bit first.  The Elders weren't there but the Sister's gave a good lesson.

The Hancocks have been in Utah for their daughter's wedding so we have been tending to the animals.  Every day we feed and let the chickens out and then collect the eggs.  We feed the dogs and just keep an eye on things.  These chickens are a hoot!  One is always out when we get up in the morning.  I don't know how she is escaping!  The first morning I counted 9 hens and had to text the Handcocks because I thought for sure they had 13!  Peggy said she thought 9 sounded okay...hope so.
I feel a little farmerish!

Thursday we had a doctor's appointment.  Ramon keeps getting this swollen elbow and having to have it drained.  This time it ended up being a longer procedure as they added some steroids to try and prevent a reoccurrence.   I had blood drawn for my RA doctor.  We then went into Hauula to pick up some water on sale at Longs and got lunch.  Then went over to the PCC for further training on how to take tickets at the Luaus.  Then ran over and looked at the selection of matching muumuus and aloha shirts for us to "borrow" and wear when we take tickets.  Most were not very attractive...so we will go into the swap meet some day and buy our own.  For now we told them we could work 3 nights a month.

Friday we ran around shopping in Pearl City and Mililani for groceries for the Break the Fast on Sunday.  Then home and met the Lukers for a "Street Fair" in Kahuku.  We were probably the only people at the Street Fair!  Grabbed something to eat and then they took us over to their new house they are moving into by the beach, next to the big house where the Sisters were robbed last week.  It's a nice house, large and two bedrooms with a garage.  I still love our place best!  They are happy to move and she's finally get a stove!

Side note: the nurse from the doctor's office called and said she hadn't drawn enough blood from me so I have to go in again and give some more.  Fun.

I splurged and bought some flowers,  some potting soil and flowers to plant a pot for our porch.  I was missing my planting at home and couldn't resist.

Today will be spent washing and ironing and cleaning.  Then we will attend a baptism tonight at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment