Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tuesday

Busy few days!  It seems like we've had meetings and more meetings!  Came home today after 6 hours of meetings and rested a bit while I did laundry.  To tell how busy it was, I ran out of clean garments and had to go buy some at the Visitor's Center this morning as I donned dirty ones after my shower last night, I hadn't washed in so long...well a week or so.  So did laundry in and around meetings and ministering today.

We also went and saw Khloe Anne and she wasn't doing well, stomach problems and had just had a biopsy last week on her stomach, no results yet.  Then ran over to the Travis house with a big plate loaded with cookies.  Their son was baptized last Saturday and we attended the baptism and wanted to welcome him.  This family is coming back to activity and he is 11 years old and needed to be baptized.  His Mom found out last month she is pregnant and due next month!  How do you do that?

We had our old friends and friend of my friend Holly, to our house for dinner Saturday.  Had a nice long visit with them, Lorraine and Eliu Matangi.  We are so busy we haven't hardly seen them at all since being here.

We are running into town tomorrow to get this annoying device off our new car.  Today it was silent but yesterday it kept talking loudly at me to "watch the speed limit!"  "Aggressive driving!"  so today I was very careful and no voice.  But it's really hard to go the speed limit on the freeway here when the speed limit is only 55 MPH.  Can't wait to be released from this monitor, I feel like I have an ankle bracelet on like I'm a prisoner. Today we went in and signed up to take tickets at the Luaus at the PCC.  We will be trained for two days first...how much training does it take to train to take tickets?  We had been supposed to do this when Ramon broke  his ankle but now he's almost back to normal and wants to get it up and running...pun intended.

We are eating at the Geronio's tomorrow and I am bringing two types of chicken enchiladas.  One you just use those frozen burritos and pour green chili sauce over with cheese and bake.  Real easy if they turn out good.

We were notified this morning that we should be doing a 100 day Book of Mormon read and it comes with a study guide.  So easy and it great because it tells us things we didn't know.  We are 13 days behind so have some catching up to do.  It's a mission goal and is to bring us unity.  Oh, I found out today our new Elder Larkin's first name is Kameron.  I love it!  He reminds everyone of Elder Bednar by looking and acting like him.  He's here with Elder Gunderson for the next couple of transfers we hope.  If any of you would like a copy of the study guide let me know and I'll email it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment