Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Monday February 11, 2019

Yesterday it was the coldest it has been here for me.  It was down to 65 degrees but the wind was so high it made it much colder.  Before our 2:00 church the power went out all over the island.  Trees were down and it was dangerous.  I pulled into the parking lot and there were no spaces to park so I was going to drive on around the building, as there is parking on both sides.  Then I saw this parking space by a tree, but left it thinking it was too close for us to get out, with the knee scooter and all.  When we came back around the 2nd time a huge limb had fallen right on the parking spot we would have been in!  Tender mercies!  We had our church and Relief Society without lights and it was spooky.  I was anxious to get home safe.

The power was off all night, lucky for us Dave our landlord is an electrician and has a handy generator.  Gave us power but no internet or TV.  But we were just fine.

Today we had our VC meeting this morning.  We came home and I spent 4 hours making this fancy candy lei. I doublt I'll make another.  It's very stiff, made out of Jolly Ranchers.

We then went back into Laie at night for FHE with the senior couples.  Tonight President Halstrum, the Temple president talked to us.  Our temple here will celebrate 100 years on November 27, 2019!  I'm glad we will still be here for that event.  He said nothing big was being planned for the celebration yet.

After attending the above FHE we went into Kahuku to our YSA one.  This one is always different and a bit wild.  There were two new guys I didn't know there.  Really nice men.  We played a fun game but it was about over when we arrived.  I snapped a few quick pictures.

Louie with our refreshments!  He's the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment