Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Tuesday Chinese New Year 2019 -Year of the Pig

Today we had our VCTM meeting at 7:30 and then went to breakfast for Elder Sebring's birthday at the Hukilau Cafe.  Then went back to a District Meeting at 10:30 then home.  I told the Sister's I would make wontons for their celebration.  I started about 3:00.  I made over 240 and forgot to take a picture, but I filled two tin foil pans full of sausage wontons for the celebration tonight.
The Sisters were in charge and did a fabulous job. There was wonderful decorations, and four different stations where we could make dumblings, learn to write our name in Chinese, cut origami designs, and make mochi.  It was really a fun night and we sampled lots of interesting things to eat. At the end they put on a little program with dance and we even had two dragons dancing.





Elder Allen, Elder Sebring and Sister Sebring


No comments:

Post a Comment