Monday, February 18, 2019

Friday, Sunday and Monday

We had a busy weekend....Friday was Zone Conference, a whole day of sitting and being enlightened.  My bottom did get a little tired of the benches though.  I loved every minute of it, the last two hours we had 49 new missionaries bear testimonies and some of them were so inspiring.  The very last Sister to speak, was actually speaking because she had completed her mission, she was a "Fifita" and from Los Angeles.  I went up to her and talked with her;  turns out her uncle was our Bishop in Inglewood.  Small world, and she's a Fifita, which is Ramon's Mother's last name.

I took this picture of this coconut tree by the church that the winds last week tipped over...
Sunday we had normal church for our Family Branch but Stake Conference for our YSA Sunset Branch.  Our Mission President Bekker and his wife spoke and the Laie Temple President Hallstrum and his wife spoke and then our visiting Seventy and his wife spoke to us.  They are from Germany Elder and Sister Kopischke.  She was so animated in talking to us all.  Everyone loved her.  I went up after and showed them my missionary badge and asked if they ever met my boys?  Unfortunately they hadn't.  They were from an area over where the Iron Curtain was where Adam served.  Oh well.


Today we took Leslie and her roommate Pat into Costco and Walmart and a craft store.  We are in the process of learning how to make leis!  I came back to Leslie's apartment and she showed me how to make this one...for one of my Timpview graduating grandsons.  I need to get more materials to make another one for the other graduates.  This one is so easy and soft, unlike the one I made last week.
Then we went over to our YSA FHE at Kahuku chapel.  They had invited another ward YSA to join them so we had a large crowd.  Louis made food, pasta, but barely enough for our branch few, not the other 15 who attended.  We left but I guess they all had a taste.  They played Utimate Ninja tonight!

Elder Bass (red shirt)  Tanner  (black pants)

Elder Gunderson front


No comments:

Post a Comment