Saturday, October 6, 2018

Friday

Oh my goodness, you'll never believe what happened...I was talking to Mai on the phone early this morning and walked outside so I wouldn't wake Elder Sanft and looked over, and someone had stolen my other two Papayas!!  I couldn't believe it!  Elder Sanft was up until 3:00 reading and lights were on, how brazen they were to steal right from under us.  There is no way it could be an animal as these were "Tongan" papayas and as big as the Mexican ones. Only these taste just like the Hawaiian ones.  I was so disappointed.  Shoot.  Ramon heard me exclaiming and got up and couldn't believe it either.  They left about half dozen Star fruit and two onions... anyway, as we walked out to the driveway, there was one papaya being eaten by two chickens.  It looked like the thief had dropped one and ran off.  There are no raccoons here in Hawaii so they aren't the culprit.   It's crazy and no one I know around here would steal.
Dave leaves his garage open and has lots of valuable things people could steal but don't.  Just really weird.  We have felt so comfortable and safe here.  So I locked my car tonight.
Three papayas in box to ripen, picture taken two days ago...








Papaya eaten by chickens, (they ripen fast)

So on that note we were running low on food and so ran into Costco and Sams to stock up for all the dinners we are providing next week.  Had a good trip, saw some new areas of Mililani and ate at a takeout place we actually liked and would go back to.  I had a cute teenage boy talk to me as I stood in line at Costco to get a drink, he wanted to buy my lunch.  He was 15, said he hangs out with the Elders on their "P" day.  I finally told him to buy them something as they needed it more than me. Besides I didn't want to eat at Costco.  He was sweet though, was with his grandparents and I told them what a nice guy he was.

We, of course, stopped for Shave Ice,  I swear we haven't had any for about a month!  We talked to a neat couple from Alaska and they wanted to know what kind of mission and for what church it was for.  We don't say Mormons anymore.




So then we came home and Ramon watched the BYU game and was not a happy man while I had a nap.  Kathy came over and she and I walked around the yard looking for another papaya maybe laying around but didn't see any.  She is as perplexed as me.  She's lived here 19 years and feels safe.  But who'd want a papaya and not anything else we have laying around.  Anyway, we now have secured the fruit we bought in a cooler on the deck and hope no one thinks to look inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment