Thursday, October 4, 2018

Wednesday

We got up today and did some house chores and washed clothes.  I guess I should mention that every day we have "couple" study time, prayer and scripture study for over an hour.  I guess I should have mentioned that before, so it doesn't sound like we just rush out the door.  We have "missionary" things we do every morning that include the above.  Our study time includes talking about our scripture reading and reading several pages in Preach My Gospel.  Today I also spent time writing letters to a couple of grandchildren, which I try to do several times a day.

We were supposed to go to the Temple with a member today but he called and had to cancel.  We went anyway and had a good experience. There were very few people there and we ended up being the only couple, so you know what that means.  As we left the Temple I saw I had a text from my friend Nancy.  She and her husband were here and so we hurriedly called and met them at 7 Brothers.  They were actually staying at Aulani, the Disney resort on the other side of the island but were in Laie reminiscing.  We had a good visit with the Shumperts.  I miss my friends!
We left them and ran a few errands around Laie and came home to get ready to meet with Diego.  I grabbed some cookies from the freezer to take.  We went over and I think he forgot but we called him and he came back.  We had a nice visit with him and got to know him a bit better.


No comments:

Post a Comment