Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tuesday

Much better day today!  We got up early to be at the Visitor's Center by 7 for pictures.  They take a group picture every transfer.  Notice Elder Sanft is dressed like the other Elders.  He's very happy with his new Aloha shirt.  I also had to be early to set up my Birthday treats for the month of October.  Shoot, I should have taken a picture, was pretty cute! Faces painted on tangerines to look like pumpkins and ghosts made out of Nutter Butters and white almond bark and candy eyes.  It's really hard to work around the humidity here.  Every thing melts or disintegrates so fast.  The cookies were a little soggy by this morning, but I hope they got eaten fast.
As usual we had some great words of advice from our dear Director Allen.  He talked about all the changes coming, with conference and the VC (we're undergoing remodeling in two weeks). He told us to be happy.  Our church is a church of change, we shouldn't have a crisis of faith when there is change.  We should be open to change.  He mentioned all the murmuring that occurs with change.  Reminded us in the Book of Mormon that Nephi and Sam ever murmured, but Laman and Lemuel constantly did.  That Satan will plant little seeds of complaints in our hearts and try to grab hold of us.  I'm excited about conference, love this time of year.  Am even going to love watching it at 6 a.m. over here in this beautiful place!

After we went to get my hair cut.  Lots of frustration, with three ladies having appointments at the same time, cutting my hair weird etc.  I got very grumpy, came home, showered and made two different batches of cookies to have on hand.  Then did my hair and it actually looks much better than I expected.  So I cheered up!  We took cookies to Kloe Ann and Charles and visited a while.  She gave me some table cloths that needed hemming.  I'll do it this weekend.  We went to the library, it's so small they know me when I enter the door and hand me my reserved books without me saying a word.  Not really.  (Me not saying a word part)

We stopped by Leilani's Funnel spot and talked to them a bit.  I took her some seeds from the Star Fruit I had saved.  She has such a green thumb.  She was excited about it.  I gave her a roll of cookie dough to have at their leisure.  She in turn gave us three huge papayas and two breadfruits.
We came back home and Ramon cooked up the breadfruit and I stared at the huge papaya.  Wish I could share with my friend Lavina!  We both love these so much!  See the banana's we still have from the gift from the Elders last week, they are turning yellow.  I don't think this kind will make good banana bread, I may try in the morning though.  Last time it failed.


No comments:

Post a Comment