Monday, October 8, 2018

Sunday

We loved Conference!  Wow, 12 new temples and so much information to process and accept.  I am so grateful for change and  I think these new changes will be beneficial.  I loved that we were told to be strong, be humble, be loving, be quick to forgive and make the most of the time you have with your loved ones.  I love the fact that our Savior Jesus Christ continues to guide us, watch over us, and cheer us on in our path to make it back to Him.

I know that more responsibility is being put on families for the teaching of their children but this is how it should be.  I just wish I could do it all over again and I'd do so many things differently in raising my children.

We lounged around the TV here today watching conference and I even cooked a big lunch for us with baked potatoes, hadn't had any since we were here!  Then we were able to Face Time some of our kids.  We then got ready and went to "break the fast" but not fasting potluck with the missionaries at the PCC and BYU.  We picked up the Tuitupo's and took them with us.  We had a fun time and I was able to do some networking for my friend Leslie who is coming here soon on a mission.

Marie Osmond is coming and they needed people to set up and clean up a dinner for her and her family, in Honolulu, on October 11 for that. They needed volunteers and I am not sure they got as many as needed.   Unfortunately, we are having the 4 missionaries in our area to dinner that night and also, night driving from Honolulu isn't my favorite unless absolutely necessary, dark windy roads with no street lights.

Tomorrow we have to go into town for Elder Sanft to get his shot in his eye, new doctor, so we'll see how that goes.  But today was a great Sunday.  It was restful and peaceful and full of the Spirit of our Father, as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment