Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday night

I think I'm going to slow down on posting almost everything we do as it is getting pretty repetitive.  Plus, I really just want to note the really highlights of this mission.  I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier but we still have 15 months left.

Today, though, was a very spiritual day, we met some new people and talked a lot about conference.  It seems to be the consensus that the message about our two hour block now is to make our home a religious center.  In the world today where parents are starting to homeschool or be super picky about where there children are educated, then shouldn't they too step up and start being more focused on teaching religious values in the home.  We've seen it where parents expect the schools to teach our children and churches to teach moral values.  It is time for parents to increase their level of teaching in the home the things they believe about the gospel.  I wish more than anything I could do it all over again, knowing what I know now and how important it is.  I constantly feel like such a failure.

We heard a high councilman speak today and he said the two most important meetings in the church were Sacrament meeting and Family Home Evening.  I thought it was wise how we were told we don't have to have them (FHE) strictly on Mondays any more, we can be flexible as long as we hold FHE.  We are starting again our Family Home Evenings in our Family Branch and we will hold one in their homes and provide the lesson, the activity, and the dessert for those who sign up...we are excited to start this up here in Hawaii.


No comments:

Post a Comment