Friday, October 5, 2018

Thursday

I spent the morning making cinnamon rolls because our two Elders and two Sisters are having a council meeting here, from now on every Thursday. Elder Sanft spent several hours cutting up palm branches to put in the garbage can, and vacuuming the garage of dog hair for Dave.

I kept getting texts changing the time and it finally was to be at noon, so they could eat and plan.  The meeting went well with lots of discussion and some about what the Elders were eating.  Seems Elder Chandler and Elder Collins are on a diet quest for eating healthy.  They don't eat breakfast but prepare their lunch during that time.  We all watched them eat salad, baked sweet potato, chicken, apple etc.  The Sisters ate something Asian....I tried it but don't like the black seaweed surrounding it.

Finally, about 2:00 Elder Chandler meekly asked me if I had cookies!  I said yes, what kind do you desire....went through the choices of dough and did he really want me to heat up my apartment for cookies? (They know I keep dough stashed to bake in the refrigerator.)   I had just cooled it down after cinnamon rolls, that,  by the way weren't what he wanted.  So nice me baked a batch Oatmeal/raisin cookies for him.., he gave three to the Sisters and then took the rest.  I guess oatmeal is okay on the diet, BTW they also took the wrapped up cinnamon rolls for the "cheat" day!  Funny boys!  But we love them and laugh a lot with them.  I had to show the Sisters the video I took of Elder Chandler dancing away, it was fun.

So at 3:00 I ran into Laie and had my toes done, they were fast and did a good job.  I stopped on the way back to deliver cinnamon rolls to Leilani and Aaron and ran home and we tried to deliver a plate to Diego's wife but she wouldn't answer the door, I think she was napping.  By this time it was dinner time and the day was over.

On interesting note...one of my three large papaya's was missing!  Now who would take it?  They were on a high table, so no chickens...plus they each weigh about 3 or 4 lbs. and weren't even ripe yet.  I was mad and put a sign over the rest saying don't take,  we'll give if you ask.  Funny, because we are off out of the way and no one is here except Emily (girl in bedroom) and Josh (owner's son) and they wouldn't take them.  I can't think of an animal that could carry it away and not just eat it there, like a mongoose.....strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment