Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Monday


Whew, whirlwind weekend!  Yesterday we started by having church up at President Fullmer's house.  Our Rec Center was closed because the lady who usually opens the gate and doors is out of town and no one would substitute for her and help her out and open it up for us.  Although it was pretty neat sitting out on the Lanai (patio)  and taking the sacrament in the open air surrounded by mango, banana and plumeria trees.  Beautiful morning in God's paradise here on earth.

After we ran over to ward council for our Sunset Family Branch and then church there.  It was a full day but we were so happy and feeling spiritually fed.

Today we went into town for my infusion, it alarms me because I have to go into the chemo center of the hospital now and it is kind of uncomfortable.  I somehow feel guilty I don't have cancer around all those who do.  This is a much different way they do it here than in Springville at my doctor's office.  Slower and a little less precise...but it still works so I'm just happy it is finally set up and good to go from here on out.

Tonight we went to our FHE with the Senior missionaries at BYU, Dr. Jason Hughes was there speaking to us.  He is a member and a doctor many go to here.  We actually go to his partner a female doctor named Ember Christensen and we love her.  We even dropped by once without an appointment and she got us right in.  She is also a member.  He answered questions and was pretty helpful and nice.

After we went to our funnest FHE with our YSA kids.  It was CupCake Spooktifying night!  I brought frosting and decorations and Sister Fullmer made cupcakes.  They decorated them.  It was the largest group we have had so far...27 people.  It was nice to mingle and have fun with them.  One of the girls is named Marisa and I asked if I could call her Risi, cause my Marisa we call Risi.  She said she only lets certain people call her that and I could.   Such sweet kids.  Pictures are below.
Ikaika, Alora, Elder Collins, and Audrey




Char, President Fullmer, Elder Chandler
Gabe and Marisa (brother and sister)


Elder Collins, going home in a week...
Alora our master gamer!

President Fulmer


No comments:

Post a Comment