Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday

We got up early and ran to our District meeting at 8:00.  The Elders decided to play some games to introduce scripture study.  Everyone had a great time.  We also met the new couple who are serving at the VC now.  He plays the organ wonderfully, we caught him in the act after the meeting.  Their names are Elder and Sister Luker from Salt Lake City.











This is our district


After we went and checked on two apartments.  One was really bad and it was our District Leader's apartment.  They hadn't even tried at all to clean up.  I scolded them and they promised but Elder Sanft said he was going to talk to them about it.  We'll see.

Then we ran home, grabbed some things and headed out to Costco, the cleaners, and Walmart.  Pretty unimpressive when I get excited about a trip to Walmart.  You have to remember we live in the country and the stores are few! I drove by Walmart and right out front were some tomato plants.  I went in and purchased two, some potting soil, fertilier and a Halloween bucket for a $1.00, to try and grow my own expensive tomatoes. I spent about $10.  Everyone discourages me, saying tomatoes don't grow here,  so I have to see for myself.  I think I said yesterday I spent $5.50 for three unjuicy tomatoes to make salsa.  

On our way home the traffic was stopped, ended up turning off the car, (which worked perfectly today with some antifreeze).  We didn't know the problem but two ambulances drove by us going the other way, then two police cars going our way and a fire truck going the other way.  It was about an hour until we could move again.  Figured there was an accident on this only road around the island on this side.  Sure enough, we drove past our Sunset Beach and in the parking lot was two crinkled up cars on and flat bed truck to be hauled off.  I guess the accident happened in front of our place.  I hope someone survived, it looked horrible.

Later we went over to Jenny and Zack Kopp house to see the sunset from their deck.  The have a house high on the hill and the view is spectacular.  They are the family whose dog liked me.  I think he forgot me, cause he wasn't nearly as friendly tonight, although he was still sweet.  We took some watermelon to share with them and visited with them for about an hour.  After dark I was driving and drove up the wrong way into another family's yard.  Kind of scary out here, it gets pitch black outside, no street lights and you have to know where you are going.  I turned around quickly and beat it out of there.  Here is a picture of the sunset from their deck.  It got cloudy fast after I took the picture so it's not a complete sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment