Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tuesday September 4

We went into our Visitor Center Meeting this morning at 7:30,  usually held on Mondays except for the first week of the month.  What a great meeting, mainly because because we saw a video filmed at the MTC previously with Elder Holland as the speaker.  I took like 5 pages of notes!  Such powerful message on our Preach My Gospel book and how it came to be.  I just wish my missionary sons could have had it for a resource.  I guess around the time of President Hinckley he was,  and others were noticing how our missionaries were coming home and not staying active because they really weren't converted to what they were teaching.  Really powerful  message.  I immediately came home and called the mother of my soon-to-be a grandson-on-mission and asked her to encourage him in reading this book.  She told me she had put it in the older children's Easter Basket a few years ago.  The daughter-in-law of mine is an amazing mother and teacher to her children.  I'm so proud she is mine eternally forever and ever!💛  Love you  Marni!






















We came back home and did washing, ironing and some mending.  I fed a couple of carrots to  "my" horse, I really should give him a name.... then we went and saw two couples and had good visits.






















Four things I'm grateful for today...(I keep forgetting to do this)
1.  A daughter-in-law I love to pieces, who has been so sick for two years, is finally healing,  I was so worried about her💕Our prayers were answered!
2.   A son who had surgery and is being very patient about staying off his foot!
3.  A grandson who loves me and shows me almost daily!
4.  A new friend here who called me tonight to tell me something.  I need friends wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment