Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday

Relatively slow quiet Sunday with only 5 hours of church.  Our YSA branch cancelled because they rent a community center and I guess it was over booked or something.  So we didn't start until noon.  Was kind of a fun day.  We were in a small gospel study class for a new convert and they invited all the Hanneman brothers who are in our branch with their wives to come too.  I finally asked their names and said 'How on earth did Seek get his name?' (the one who has the Provo Seven Brothers place) Shem told me, went on and on about how you know there is that little thing in the car, the seek button, and his mom thought this and then....etc.  I finally figured out he was leading me on.  Evidently the name is part of his Samoan long name...which means seek after righteousness or something.  Then we all got in this big discussion about DNA and how some of them are only 1/4 Samoan while others are 1/3 in their family...sounded so much like my kids arguing over it.  I told him some of our kids have had DNA done with different results.  So we went on and on from there.  Their Dad is 1/2 Samoan/Mom Haole.  Kind of like us, only we're Tongan.  I felt like I was back home listening to my children scrabble.

Came home after fasting for the fires and ate leftover spaghetti.  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment