Saturday, September 1, 2018

Saturday - September 1, 2018

Well, we drove over again to the Visitor's Center to sub for a senior missionary couple going to a wedding.  We loved it.  We also had an interview with our Mission President Bekker and he gave us a powerful blessing.  He is such a remarkable Mission President.  We just respect and love him so much.  He truly loves us and we feel his love.  He asked if we could do a shift at the VC if we had time and we are glad go do anything.  Yesterday we were able to bear our testimonies and he was grateful to us for that and we felt his gratitude.  What a great man.  He is so concerned about us, as well as everyone else he is over.  How blessed we are.  He's one of the great ones.

We came home and barbecued some hamburgers on our grill and then settled in to see if we'd get the BYU game on TV.  We did, so you know Elder Sanft is happy and looks like we are winning as I write this!
Elder Sanft beside our tiny TV, but it works!

I went next door  over the fence to thank them for the best mangos I've ever eaten.  It's not even mango season but their tree is a little slow they said.  These mangos were green, ripened up black, and then I cut them open and they are luscious.  They are by far the best mangoes I've ever had, and I've had thousands!  I'm sooooo lucky to live by this mango tree!  and good neighbors, I hope they know how much we love them.
I  just made a big pot of spaghetti sauce for the break-the-fast for the YSA ward plus salad, and then tomorrow I will make a Doritos casserole for our contribution to the break-the-fast for the Senior Missionaries at night.  I guess things don't change, I'm still cooking and baking.  But I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment