Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday

We started getting ready  to do our job at the Visitor's Center today and were texted and told we were on the Zone Conference program to speak and bear testimonies this after noon.  We have never really been told exactly what we are doing in a lot of things, like which Zone we are in.  Most of the Seniors are in one and we figured that was ours, but I guess now we are officially in the Laie Zone.  We worked at the VC for a couple of hours and then another couple ran over and replaced us while we ran next door to the Stake Center for the rest of Zone Conference.

It was nice but we sure would have liked to have been to the whole thing.  Good thing we have them every 3 months.  We both bore our testimonies and I am eternally grateful I have such a strong one! I read them one of my favorite scriptures from Alma 17:11...And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet yet shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."  I always like this because I hope if nothing more we are setting a good example for everyone we meet.  We are learning patience and to love others; and believe me, we have come across some unloveable people here, mostly the homeless and drug afflicted.  I used to be scared a little, now not so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment