Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday August19, 2018

Today was a very special busy day.   We started by attending a Branch Council Meeting at 8, then went into our YSA Branch Sacrament meeting.  After meeting there we ran over to Kahuku to Branch Council Meeting with the Sunset Family branch, then their Sacrament meeting.  We didn't stay for Sunday School and Relief Society because it was 4 and we were hungry and hadn't been home since 8.  We ran home face timed with four  of our children's families and talked a bit with Marisa on the phone and then ran back to the Visitor's Center for a Fireside at 5:30.
                                       Elder Chandler Studying

Whew but so worth it.  President Bekker and his wife were there and the VC choir (me included) sang two songs.  We had testimonies from our two newest baptised men.  Such strong feelings.  Sarah Beth was there and came up to me with a friend and said she had brought her non-member friend to the fireside.  How great.

We sang this really touching song, that I had never heard before last Monday and it really moved people.  First one of the Sister missionaries read a story that goes with the song, about the pre-existence.  Elder Chandler came up to me and said he had never felt the spirit as strong tonight in his whole mission!  Wow!  I will get the words and post them later, I should have copied them since I have had that song for a week.  Anyway...
                                         Me and my new VC muumuu!




Our choir, the Tuitupos are at the back, she's got her music by my head.












Sister Dekker is blond, with her back to camera
Sister Dekker mentioned in her talk that Elder Eyring said that he tried to never go to bed without writing in his journal 4 things he was grateful for that day.  I thought this would be a good thing for 
us to start.   So on the way home I asked Ramon if he wanted to do it and what he was thankful for.
He said he was thankful for this day to finally be over!  But seriously I think we will start doing this or I will since this is my journal.  Today I am thankful for Amelia for writing us a real letter and showing us how much she loves us and misses us.  I am thankful for Alora showing me how much she cares about me at our meeting this morning.  I am grateful for Sarah Beth coming up to me at the Fireside and introducing me to her non-member friend, as her friend too.  And lastly  I am thankful that Marisa told me she was taking institute this semester, because Elder Sanft and I are also going to take Institute when it starts in two weeks. Oh, and I am so grateful I got to sing in the VC choir for President Bekker's fireside, in my new muumuu!

1 comment: