Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday

We rose early to go to our YSA Branch council meeting at 8:00.  Arrived and the Elders were waiting to tell us that there wouldn't be church today there and President Fullmer's yard was too muddy to host us there.  So we returned home, did scripture study and Preach My Gospel study then relaxed until we went back to the Sunset Branch church at 2:00.

I guess I underestimated how serious the hurricane watch was and how very blessed we were that it turned and avoided this side of the island.  It had been a force 5 and dropped to a -1 warning within 24 hours, a rarity for Hurricanes.  I do know we had many people praying for us on the mainland and elsewhere.  My sweet sisters at Jamestown put our names in the Temple Thursday when they did their weekly Temple visit.  I've had so many people I haven't heard from in years text or phone me with concern for our safety.  It is so wonderful to know people care.  Thank you all for your love.

We had a really special Sacrament meeting today.  We had a "Welcome Home" for the Hannemans from serving as mission Presidents in Samoa, (BTW these are the parents of the 7 Brothers who run the hamburger joints in Provo, Eagle Mt., Laie, and Kahuku!)  Then we had Carson Hancock's farewell, he is the son of the people we rent from.  He's headed to the Philippines, tough living in that mission I hear.   I had some talks with Sisters in the ward and am feeling a bit more at home.

Four things I'm grateful for tonight: 
A daughter-in-law (Kim) who went out of her way to make me some visual aid handouts for my mission, and she did it quickly too.  Two missionary Elders here who feel comfortable enough to just drop by and visit with the old senior missionaries.  The beauty of this land we reside in, imagine orchids blooming and growing on the palm trees as I walk down our lane to the beach.  A friendly neighbor giving us two huge mangos from his tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment