Friday, August 17, 2018

Thursday August 16, 2018

Wow, a month has almost gone by since we arrived!  Time does fly when you are older...
Yesterday we cleaned, ironed, and I hemmed my new muumuu for the VC.  Then we spend a couple of hours at our beach, I'm trying to get Elder Sanft too look a little more Polynesian, his chest and back are so white!  I'm having him "rotisserie" every 5 minutes then he can put his shirt back on.  It worked, he's a tiny bit more colorful.

We had the Elders and Sisters to dinner tonight at 5:15.  My stove is gas and I needed it on low to cook the ribs I was baking.  It turned off while we were gone to the beach, that's why we left because we knew the studio would be so hot...not.  Anyway, came home upped the heat and they were done by dinner time.  We had a nice conversation.  The Elder's said they couldn't remember when they had last sat down to a table set for dinner....:) We have a new Sister, Sister Luo from Taiwan.


Elder Chandler, Elder Collins, Sister Cardenas, Sister Luo

After a lively discussion and message we said "good-by" and ran across the street to the Drummondos, to visit with Charles and Kloe Ann.  Charles is 85 years old and Kloe Ann is a year younger than I.  It was a nice visit but we got caught in a huge rain storm walking home with no umbrella.  I'll learn to pack one everywhere soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment