Friday, August 10, 2018

Rainy Thursday

Today we have had rain all day long and rain here is heavy rain. First I got up and baked three cookie sheets of cookies, the Swig ones that require frosting.  Big mistake.  Then we did an apartment inspection first thing and then went to the Temple and did a session.  It was nice to think we were in the Temple the same time as my friends from Jamestown were, we were there at 10:00 which is 2:00 Utah time.  Nice to think of us all doing the Lord's work at the same time thousands of miles apart!

Here's a picture of the rain from the Elder's street looking towards the mountains.  The top of the mountains are covered in clouds, even though it looks like you can see the tops, that's not the top.
After  the Temple we ate again at 7 Brothers but this time at the original one in Kahuku.  
It was so crowded even in the rain.    Then came home and the frosting on the cookies was still wet.  At 6:30 I ran upstairs with my cookies to help Peggy plate them all for the Cookie Drop.  She had texted me no cookie drop due to rain but I didn't hear the text, rain is really loud here!  So that was cancelled.  I left her the cookies in case they go tomorrow.  I have a pool party with the YSA ward and can't do the cookie drop.  It does look like it will rain forever so maybe no pool party or cookie drop for a while.
More rain


No comments:

Post a Comment