Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Tuesday

Today was such a fun day.  We were to provide the lunch for the Elders and Sisters going home from their mission.  Our Mission President Bekker called and asked us to order from Taco Bell lunch and we were to bring drinks, dessert and a fruit to complete the lunch.  The Elders and Sisters would do a Temple session and then meet us around 2:30 at a pavilion in the Cemetery next to the Temple.

So Elder Sanft ran to Foodland our grocery bandit and bought a couple of bags of ice to keep the water and fruit cold.  I, meanwhile, baked cookies and cut up watermelon.  First two pans of chocolate chip/nuts cookies burned  This gas oven is so touchy and I've mentioned before how expensive ingredients are!  Anyway, finally got 26 fairly decent big cookies baked, got the watermelon cut up, grabbed out only two table clothes and a flat sheet to use as a table cloth.  I do wish they had Dollar Stores here!

So we went early to Taco Bell, after ordering it yesterday and paying for it.  Everything went smoothly except I forgot hot sauce!  Luckily we didn't have hardly any Asian's missionaries this day.  We got to finally meet President Bekker and his cute wife.  She was so complimentary about the "pretty tables, etc"  I had out an orchid out and some plumeria blossoms.  She immediately had them sing a "Thank you" song to us, it was rather long and embarrassing....:)  but so sweet.  Then they prayed and ate and I visited with her while we ate.

After, the President had them sing again, I guess they have an Hawaiian song they have put "missionary" words too that is a big hit.  It was hilarious.  I'll video all of it next transfer date in September.  We fell so lucky to be the ones who get the opportunity to share in this event every 6 weeks.  How wonderful for us to see these young men and women as they return with honor to their homes.  I know how it feels from both sides now, as I remember earnestly awaiting my boys to arrive home to my arms, I was such a proud Mama.



President Bekker and his wife

Video



No comments:

Post a Comment