Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Monday August 6

Today we went into Laie and opened a checking account at the grocery store.  According to the lady there, a nice Tongan, she said there were not allowed in Hawaii any mainland banks and no Hawaii banks allowed on the mainland!  Hummm, well anyway we opened a checking account at Foodland. We could open an account with $20.minimum and no charge whatever.  If we immediately withdrew $19.99 that was okay if we only kept one cent in the account.  The ATM use was free, right outside the door, and we could cash checks and write checks. This is account is mainly for when we get reimbursed for items purchased and we can cash those checks.

We dropped off the schedule at the Visitor's Center for our lunches with the Sister's only to find out after next Tuesday's transfers every schedule changes.  I had forgotten that. I also had to change my doctor's appointment that I've had since May, back a month due to an assignment we have next week. So I guess I'll be on prednisone again for a month, I hate to ask for another miracle.  Later we worked on lesson plans to teach a couple of people.  On the way back from the VC we stopped and bought some corn, 8 ears for $5.00 and the tops were cut way off so we only got 1/2 ear, weird  Also bought some Mountain Apples for me to try.  They reminded me of the fruit in the temple films, also tasted very perfumey  and not very appley.


At night we went to two FHE ings.  Started with the PCC group at BYUH.  We were a bit hesitant to join them as most of them are missionaries assigned to BYUH or the PCC but it was a very fun evening.  They totally split us up, partners and then where we serve so we could get to meet people.  We played "Two Truths One Lie" twice.  It was hilarious!  In Ramon's group was the father, Elder Settle, of the girl who was in the new movie "Greatest Showman," she was the bearded lady.  I guess he mentioned he had a daughter in movie and no one got the truth of it, but Ramon, since I had told him this man was a new missionary here.  Later, I went up to him and told him I had seen it 8 times!  Loved it!
Below are to group pictures I took at FHE. After we had brownies made by a BYUH student from New Zealand who put real Cadbury chocolate pieces in the brownies, Yummy!




You can see Elder Sanft right in the middle


After we went over to the YSA Branch FHE that met at 8:15.  They were in the middle of playing Ninja Warrior tag in the building, then later gathered together to liken it to the gospel.  They were very creative and didn't say the obvious like: "Jesus said don't kill!"  These young people are amazing, as I meet more and more of them I just wish my grandchildren were here to participate with them in everything.  They are so talented and feel so strongly the spiritual feelings that are necessary to hold to the iron rod!

Below is a picture of Jacob with the Elders, he is getting baptized this Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment