Friday, August 31, 2018

Thursday

Aloha!  Today I spent all morning baking cookies from dough I had previously made up and stored in the refrigerator.  I baked up six different  kinds, chocolate chip macadamia nuts, oatmeal raisin, Swig sugar, peanut butter, almond and snicker doodles.
Then we drove over to the PCC to take in the new canoe show.  It was so different and it was wonderful!  I actually did a short stint dancing on this canoe show 52 years ago when it was just one canoe and we alternated people each time it came to shore.  A much much less talent and professional show then!  I'm putting a lot of pictures here because I want to and can.  Enjoy!
People before Canoe show






Finale
















We then went home and Emma McCullough came over and we started the Cookie Drop.  This is where she decides who in the Branch could be in need of cookies.  I love it because it gives me a real chance to meet these families and remember who they are.  We first went up to the Kopp's house.  He is the organist in the Branch and she is the chorister,  they have two children.  I had actually talked to both of them when we first got here as we were all waiting for the Branch President.  Brother Kopp works security at BYUH and they recently were sealed in the Temple.  They had this dog that he had found neglected behind a building at BYUH and he brought him home to keep.  They later found out the dog was from a litter that was from two stray Pitbulls that roam around the area.  For some reason this puppy, he's 3 months and growing, took to me (might have been because I had dog smells on me from our two labs at the apartment where we stay).  Anyway, we became "best" friends and he followed me all over and curled up at my feet, all the time the couple were telling us how shy he was. whatever!  Anyway, he'll soon be 125 lbs of dog.  Wonder if he'll still like me then....Picture below
Here is also a view from their house up on the hill.  Gorgeous views and it was sunset time too.

We then went over to three more houses.  It was so nice because everyone was home and we met families and visited a bit.  The plates of cookies were appreciated here almost as much as in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment