Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday

The power went out last night about 9:45 but Dave had the generator going in about 10 minutes but we just went to bed.  It was really windy and stormy all night but we slept until my brother called at 3:00 a.m. and woke us.  I guess he didn't know the time difference.  He wanted a weather report.

We went out this morning to check out the beach.  Below are a few photos I took.  It was pretty deserted and I loved it.  I have been so tired of all the tourists. The roads were empty too, kind of spooky to see no one around after the usual hustle and bustle. 


This afternoon Elder Chandler and Elder Collins stopped by.  I think they are a little bored too, although they said they had been doing service.  I guess we should have done more.  I fed them some chicken soup I made (Elder Sanft has a cold so I made some up this morning), and baked up some cookies from my stock of dough in the fridge.  I think they thought it neat they got to choose from three different kinds.  And we let them take some home.  I showed Elder Collins a picture of my son Adam, he kind of reminds me of him but more of Adam's son Ty.  He agreed.

So this afternoon they have dropped us down to a category 1 from a 5.  So I guess we'll be spared and just get lousy weather and lots of it.  At least if things start up again we can be active.  We were definitely prepared and that was a good thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment