Saturday, August 18, 2018

Friday

A pretty calm day today, and no pictures to publish.  We went to the VC to practice for the Sister's music for Sunday's Fireside.  Elder Sanft helped Elder Sebring put some "draino" in a sister apartment and then helped raise the flag at the VC.  I left the practice a tad early so we could get to the 9:00 session of the Temple.  I waited and waited for Elder Sanft.  The session was really full as a young woman was receiving her endowments.  Finally, a man went looking for Elder Sanft, came back said he couldn't find him anywhere.  So I left the session, we had held them up 10 minutes already.  There was Elder Sanft coming towards me...he had told them he needed a new name and ushered him into the wrong place, he kept trying to tell them what he wanted, to no avail.  So half way through the Ordinance worker said the paper had already been done for that, he said he knew that, but by this time it was too late to catch the session.  So we waited in the chapel for the next session.  This one wasn't quite as full and it was very nice.  After we went to 7 Brothers for lunch...oh I did snap a picture there...
Then we went home and hit the beach for a couple of hours.  Kathy, my next door neighbor over the fence, came by and we had a nice visit.  I had seen her husband at the Temple.  We're having 10 Sister missionaries for lunch tomorrow so I made a big batch of spaghetti.

1 comment: