Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Tuesday

We went to the temple today and then over to the small distribution center by the Visitor's Center.  There was a Tongan lady there in a wheelchair with her daughter who just happened to be Elder Sanft's cousin...this a real second cousin, her name is Sisilia Mafileo Langi Fehoko.  Picture below...
On the way home we stopped to talk to Leilani, Ramon's real first cousin who lives here.  While talking to her we met a couple that just moved here.  They are not on a mission but working at BYU for the next 5 years in the HR  department, LeAnn and Reed......?  Leilani gave me a giganitic Papaya, I swear it weighed 5 lbs.  They said it was a Tongan one, you know ...everything grows bigger in Tongan.  We brought it home and it was the size of a small watermelon, we ate some and I filled to containers for the fridge with the rest.  We'll be eating it for a week.  Lavina..I wish I could share it with you! I should have taken a picture before I started cutting it up but here's a quick picture of it.
Tonight we drove over to Turtle Bay to watch the sunset.  It was the first clear sky we've had since the hurricane threat.  Clouds were hiding the sun but the surfers were out in mass, they love the big waves that bad weather brings forth.  
It's so beautiful and calm now.  Ramon and I love the feel of the breeze and smells that surround us on evenings like this.  Brings me all sorts of memories of my youth spent here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment