Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday August 18, 2018

Today we had 8 Visitor's Center Sisters to our home for lunch.   They were very sweet cute girls.  So polite, I even had to get a little mad to make them leave me the dishes!  We had spaghetti, french garlic bread, fruits (fresh watermelon and pineapple) and a green salad.  They loved it all.  Said if they are assigned a YSA ward from BYU or a young married ward they don't get fed daily as the students are too poor.  So they did appreciate my effort.  They loved the key chains, so I am again glad I made the effort while home to make up a bunch. I had them sing to me the song we have to sing tomorrow night at the Fireside because it is one I don't know.  I wish I could download them singing it here.  It makes me cry.  It's called "I'll find you my friend"  about missionaries.


While I was preparing the food Dave Hancock our landlord and now friend, was outside trying to lift up his children's playhouse.  The roots of a tree were causing it to tip, it's ONLY 3 stories high, but skinny.  So Elder Sanft was giving him a hand...maybe :)  They did a lot of visiting too.  This guy is kind of a wonder man, reminds me of my neighbor Norm or my own Dad or Holly's Dad.  Some guys can do everything!

So after the Sisters left we ran into Costco again and Walmart.  Wasn't too bad a trip.  Got a beach umbrella so Elder Sanft can sit closer to me rather than up on the beach under a tree in the shade.  We also bought a new cooler for lunch with the Elders and found some cheap  plastic table cloths at Walmart for $.97, a bargain.  Saves me washing tablecloths and sheets after lunch!  We also got a shave ice in Hale'iwa.  So far only had one a week, this day is our one month anniversary here!  Times flying by.  Actually, ran to Costco to get some pictures I had printed up from Hannah's wedding.  They were so beautiful of her.  But some reason, not enough piksels...(sp?) so they didn't turn out.  I need to call her and see how to do it.  She was a beautiful bride!
                          Young love and life's starting for them.



1 comment: